Monday, September 21, 2009

Colonoscopy, cancer, & a cure for all


Well, today is the last day of Summer and the cooler weather is upon us.
Soooooo, let's think about our health. Today is Hubby's colonoscopy, (I had mine last Wednesday). When you get into the upper ages, (notice I didn't put an age to this) this is something that you need to have done. It has been approximately 8 years since my last one and I was told I should come back in 5 years. Hubby had his approximately 7 years ago.

Being that it's not the most pleasant thing to be doing, we had put it off and kept putting it off. Well, this year, it was beyond putting it off since we are not sure on what medical insurance we will have next year, so just needed to take care of it this year. If they find anything, they send it out for a biopsy.

Well, they found something with mine and I was asked to come back in 6 months. Aaacccckkkkk. The results of the biopsy are not in yet. That will take about 10 days. So, I'm keeping my fingers (& toes) crossed that it's not bad news.
Next month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Our wonderful Selling and Buying Group of Internet Friends (who have become like a family) are raising some $$ for the cause. We have a lot of volunteers that are /decorating/creating some very nice and interesting looking BRAS for the cause.

These will be auctioned off on EBAY during each day of the month in October. Soooooo, as you can see, there are AT LEAST 31 of these wonderful looking BRAS. These volunteers have the talent and imagination that is fantastic. Since I'm not one of the talented creators, I have offered to give a gift to the person that had a BRA that brought the highest $$ amount for the cause.

I, for one, hope that there is a tie for a top dollar for all and I'm still going to give each one a gift. I am including the links where you are able to check out some of these fantastic BRAS, so put October in your memory bank and come on out to EBAY and see if you can win one of these BRAS.





By Marion (ID: freelandenterprises---






By Marion (ID: freelandenterprises---

My eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/This-N-That-Freeland-Enterprises?refid=store%20)




2 comments:

kdmoretti said...

Great Post Pat. I know some would shy away from talking about such an unpleasant discussion as colonoscopies BUT if it were not for having regular check ups my husband Donald would probably be leaving this world sooner than we want him to. Back in April a colonoscopy showed that he had a large Cancerous sygmoid Colon Tumor and a Large Abcessed Growth caused by Diverticulitis. He had 2 subsequent surgeries to remove both masses, 1 in May and the 2nd in July. Further testing showed that there are NO MORE Cancerous masses or cells present and no further treatment such as Radiation or Chemotherapy was needed. So Thankfully he is now healthy and I will have him with me for many more years.

Kathy Moretti

Unknown said...

Praying that all is well. My youngest brother was diagnosed with colon cancer with spread to his liver and lungs just this past week. Short of a major miracle, he won't be with us more than a year or two longer, and that's if the chemo helps. Glad you had your colonoscopy.