Sunday, August 1, 2010

Little Golden Books Live On and On



There's just something about Little Golden Books. Maybe it's memories from my childhood? Maybe it's the artwork ot the authors. I always love to find these treasures and sell them in my ebay store My Moms Books.


Little Golden Books were initially published in 1942 by Simon and Schuster and sold for .25 cents. In 1958 Simon and Schuster sold it’s interest to Western Printing and Lithographing Company. In 2001 Random House acquired Golden Books for about 85 million dollars.


The first 12 books published in 1942

1. Three Little Kittens illustrated by Masha

2. Bedtime Stories illustrated by Tibor Gergely

3. Mother Goose

4. Prayers for Children illustrated by Eloise Wilkin

5. The Little Red hen

6. Nursery Songs by Leah Gale

7. The Alphabet from A to Z by Leah Gale

8.The Poky Little Puppy illustrated by Gustaf Tenggren

9. The Golden Book of Fairy Tales by Winfield Hoskins

10. Baby's Book of Objects

11. The Animals of Farmer Jones by Leah Gale

12. This Little Piggy and Other Counting Rhymes by Phyllis Maurine Fraser


I know some wonderful ebay stores who like Little Golden Books as much as I do. Stop by often for their ever changing inventory   (right click on store name, click OPEN IN NEW WINDOW to go to the store without closing this blog!)





 









































































































5 comments:

pat said...

Love your blog Suz. I learned something about LGBs!!

kdmoretti said...

Great Blog Suz about a subject near and dear to me. I remember having several of these story books when I was a child. Some 20 years later I was reading the same stories to my boys who are Grown Men and now I am reading them to my Grandchildren.
Always Loved Pokey Little Puppy..

The DSRS of our lives said...

I'm looking at the list of 1942 LGB and remembering how many I had... I wonder if they are still in my sister's basement? What great memories!

Beth
ANTIQUEDAZE

mymomsbooks said...

Yup we all love these LGB's don't we

Kat Simpson said...

Wow, lots of information - thanks so much for all this!