Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Come to Bury Caesar, Not to Praise Him

I really have no clue what the title of my post has to do with anything except I was sitting here trying to think of something to write about and that is what came into my head.

I have had a love/hate affair with eBay over this past year. I became convinced I could sell there full-time. I admitted that it wasn't going as planned. I stopped listing completely on their website for about a week and a half...and now....well, now...I have returned, but I'm going at it part-time.

Instead, I am focusing most of my energy on writing. For those that don't know me, I do freelance writing and also some virtual assistant work. Recently, I acquired a few more clients, so at the moment I am figuring out how to make all the pieces work. I'm hoping to add a few more clients, but I have to get my routine figured out and need to get a website done...and...well...there is just a lot more to working as a writer than simply putting words on a computer screen and sending the work to your clients.

Meanwhile, I'm still plugging along with eBay. I can't quite make the break with them when I have so much stuff in this house that I need to get rid of, but I don't need to give them my full attention right now either. I guess at the moment --- I am not burying eBay, but I'm not really praising them either. And how's that for pulling the post and the title together?


When Sushiboofay is not driving herself crazy writing for her clients or listing on eBay - she also works on her own little blog called The Freelance Misfit. It's not a real active blog right now, but she hopes to change that soon. She could also really use some Followers there! :-)

2 comments:

kdmoretti said...

I have been in this SAME position a time or 2 Have darn near called it QUITS on ebay a few times but keep plugging away at it

Sushiboofay said...

I've really put it on the backburner this week, but I'm going to try to put some listings up tonight. Hard to stay motivated sometimes...lol