Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thought for today (hey it's for YOU!)

Lately it seems, the world in general has become intensely "uncivil". People wish for politicians to die. They wish for competitors to die. I myself volunteered to pray for someone to die (some one mean and devastating to be around but still....) and then I read Dick Polman, The American Debate, in today's paper. And I read this quote... and I'm passing it along:

"In times like the present, men should utter nothing for which they would not willingly be responsible through time and eternity", And Old Abe knew something about "saying things" and I doubt the circumstances now are really all that different than when Lincoln was being threatened and hated. I'd add a further admonition - don't say anything to another, that you wouldn't wish on a loved one. Cause there is a capricious fate, that makes us partners with our enemies. You might bring down the rain on his head but it's gonna get your feet wet to.

All of which is to say "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" - which my Great Aunt Frances used to to say..

No comments: