Friday, June 12, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness




Hello folks!

I'm coming to you a humbled online seller today. As you know, breast cancer is still very prevalent in our country; as well as across the world.

So, some of us OBS friends got together, and decided we would make "Bras for Breast Cancer Awareness" and sell them on eBay!

My 7 year old granddaughter helped me...or should I say I helped my 7 year old granddaughter? SHE did most of the work you see here. I placed the first two strategic "eyes" and manned the liquid stitch; she did the rest!

We call it "All eyes out for a cure"...What do you think? Are you interested in making your own to sell for breast cancer awareness? These are very easy to make.
We used pom poms from the dollar tree, and liquid stitch, a 1.50 bra from the dollar store, and eyes from the dollar tree...It took Jaelynn about 3 hours total to do it all.

We where thinking of using feathers, but felt that would be to much, since it's already quite colorful.

All you folks interested in buying one, don't forget it can be a tax write off!


Stat tuned for more...

Shell and Jaelynn;>)

Check out my Zazzle!

3 comments:

The DSRS of our lives said...

Shell, give Jaelynn a big hug for me. I was thinking the feathers are not really too much - maybe all one color?? She did good!!

For those who want more info, we'll have a website set up soon with info and my contact info. We're having the bras be auctioned off during OCTOBER - hopefully at least one a day every day of the month.


AND I like the title! Eye out for a cure!!

Any readers interested in participating can contact me at depressionglass@gmail.com.
BETH
http://www.antiquedaze.com

Sushiboofay said...

Too funny!

I bet you both had a great time designing this and I'm sure Jaelynn enjoyed getting to help on such an important project!

:-)

Kat Simpson said...

AWESOME, Shell really nice :)