Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bra Fitting...

I broke down yesterday and had an official BRA FITTING.

As I tried to explain to my husband last night --- if you were a man --- this means that another man would be having you try on various underwear and then keep reminding you that you need to bring your "boys" to the front.

After that --- the man would stand there and point out the various flaws the underwear revealed...

After five minutes of this....you are very aware of why you never wanted to have this done and why it took you so long to decide that you would.

The reason why....through most of yesterday I had on the BRA FROM H*LL. This is the one bra most women have that you don't wear unless you just completely forgot to wash the others and it was either it or go without (which would not have been pretty....).

I am convinced that in a former life - this particular bra was used as a torture device. The middle section jabs into you as if trying to induce a heart attack. The underwire....did its best to cut off my ability to get a full breath of air into my lungs and the straps dug into my shoulders so hard...there are still marks today....

Yep, I was in need of some new bras and worse...a bra fitting before I made another stupid mistake like last time (let's just say....someone on EBay ended up with a very expensive Lane Bryant bra that I brought home and after wearing the other one that I bought that same day...never even took the price tags off (of the second one) of.

The Bra Fitting place I ended up at --- actually specializes in bras for women that have had mastectomies, BUT also helps women who are hard to fit, whether full-figured or even too small to find a decent size. They also had a lot of really nice sleepwear, (featuring "Save The Ta-Tas" in hot pink) scarves, wigs, and shirts.

I'm hoping this place is doing really well...because I was thinking if I had to go through all that a breast cancer survivor has to --- this is where I would want to come.

So - I made it through my bra fitting and next week two nice new bras will be arriving and I can cross off another line from my "things I must do for myself this year" list.

How about you? When is the last time you had a bra fitting? If you haven't - grit your teeth, and resolve you are going to give it a try. You won't LIKE it, but I promise you will be more than happy with the results!

No comments: