Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow and Ice Will It Ever Go Away?

This winter has been a rough winter for many all across the country. Here is PA we have had snow on the ground for months it seems in fact I can't really remember seeing the grass for a long time. I have always loved the seasons and yes even the snow which many do not. I loved the snow as a kid and what kid doesn't and as I got older I spent years riding snowmobiles. We had many years of fun with those snowmobiles and loved winters when snow stayed on the ground all winter.

Then around here it seemed like we got spoiled and we had a bunch of winters with very little snow and even ones you could consider mild for this area. In fact we had such little snow we had to trailer the snowmobiles upstate to find enough snow to ride.

Well so far this winter brought back those snows of years ago and caught many by surprise. We have had snow on the ground since December, cold temps, wind and plenty of snowstorms. We had about 18 in of snow out of one storm and other smaller ones. The worst days were when we had freezing rain and everything was completely covered in ice. We had a few of those days and even though I love the snow I could happily do without the ice.

I think the weather is on every one's mind this winter with all the snow and it looks like we have more snow heading our way in a few days. I know many people will appreciate spring when it finally gets here.

So if you would like to see some of my pictures of our winter wonderland here in pa you can check out my blog Book Corner Cafe. I know there are many who are looking forward to spring and are done with snow but there is something very special about getting up and seeing your world covered in new fallen snow don't you agree?

1 comment:

The DSRS of our lives said...

Great pictures - I think you're right that we're spoiled. I also thnk we should have ordered snow shovels and rocksalt by the pallet load and we could have sold them locally- All the local hardware stores are out of both.

Beth
DEPRESSION GLASS WAREHOUSE