Saturday, February 7, 2009

50 Books...

I was just heading for bed when I made the mistake of reading my local county's website/forum.



One of the members posted that they made a resolution to read fifty books this year. I love to read and as I sat here thinking about this - I wondered if I made a list of fifty books - what books would I put on it?



I can tell you books I've read and loved -



The Devil Wears Prada

Bridget Jones Diary

The Alienist



Books I wanted to like, but didn't-



The Friday Night Knitting Club



Books I already have, but haven't got around to reading yet...



Twilight

Boom



but....a list of fifty books....THAT is a little harder...



This is the year that is suppose to about ME though. Enriching my life, making myself a better person, taking time for me.



What better way to do this - then by reading?



So....I'm going to make my list over the next few days and I challenge anyone else that loves to read to do the same!



As an added bonus --- many of us in this group sell books on EBay, Biblio and Amazon....just think...if we get more people to commit to reading fifty books this year --- we could get more sells!



Now there's a novel idea...NOVEL get it! Ha-Ha...



So....anyone want to join me?



:-)

3 comments:

The DSRS of our lives said...

50? I'm having a hard time getting thru 3. But I will commit to 25.

Starting with:
Google Advertising Tools (How appropriate)
The Physician by Noah Gordon(currently in progress - I'm about 1/2 thru - if you like historical fiction This is a good one) pre-crusades, a barber-surgeon travels to Persia to go to medical school.

And (also in progress 1/2 finished and got distracted) The Stone of Light bu Cjrostoam Jacq - set in the Egypt of the pyramids.

Kat Simpson said...

okay - if you aren't reading Twilight - SELL IT NOW, LOL Have you seen the prices on that one? But seriously, 20 YO Son got back into reading through that series so I'm happy. What am I reading right now? Quickbooks 2009, Suze Orman's steps to Financial Freedom, and SOON by Jerry Jenkins. Now, how is your Office doing?

Shell Russell said...

WOW! Those where the days! I used to have two books going at once; one in the bathroom, (hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!)
And one in the kitchen.
Of course, then there was the Readers Digest. Now I'm hooked on Prevention Magazine. I still read RD. I love Koontz, and I HAD a book around here somewhere, but my daughter kinda stole it?!
But, you know what? I will join you in 50 books this year! I feel so good after an hour with a good book.
I'll try to remember to post each book I read back here, so we can keep track.

Marshell