Saturday, July 30, 2011

So the Moral of Last Week's Post was..........

To figure out your emergency back up systems needed. And I obviously FAILED cause yesterday and the day before, we had, 6 power outages of at least 10 min...a couple were hours.

PECO (Phila Electric Co) gets NO Props for fixing them because their employees are so darn obnoxious. I mean if I can see the line laying in the street, do you think they could at least send someone to figure out WHAT the line is?? nope..they have their crews out "trying to determine the source of the outage". Which means he's sitting at McDonald's having a burger... not fixing a darn thing.


I've said for years I wanted a generator.. I can't afford to do a whole house one but I could get a gasoline powered one for situations like this. I mean with no electricity you can't even read a book.

BUT I did have my "hand cranked" flashlight - purchased at the Golden Nugget Flea Market in Lambertville NJ for a mere $5 so I could see to call PECO every 5 min and complain...

So this month (and next month and probably the month after that...the object is to save enough for a BIG generator so I can run the Frig, the electric stove, my husband's C-Pap and one electric light...

WHAT is your emergency plan??

No comments: